Monday, March 10, 2008

Will Google really buy Digg?

There have been claims that Microsoft and Google are in a bidding war over Digg. However, Digg's company blog claims otherwise (http://blog.digg.com/). If Google happens to buy Digg, there are chances their stock will rebound. However, I personally believe that Google will dip to about 360. Why?

1. The Pentagons decision to ban Google Earth from video mapping bases.
2. One of Google's director and their VP selling shares. The VP, Shona L. Brown, sold 583 shares between $472.16 to $472.35 apiece (AP).

A director, John L. Doerr, reported he sold 32,650 shares Monday between $455 to $469.25 apiece (AP).

There is a reason people inside the company are selling their shares. What I would do? Short Google (GOOG) this week. On Friday, cover. If the stock gets low enough, I think it might be a good idea to buy. I'll let you know what I think as the week goes on.

~Alake Kashyap

No comments: